Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I meant to write a post that explained all of the meaningful events of 2008, however I never got around to it. My husband wrote one on his blog, and he did an excellent job so I will just link you to his. http://www.youthministryhilarity.blogspot.com/

One major decision was made for our family in 2008! We have decided to homeschool! I know, I know...I am the first to admit that I used to make fun of homeschoolers! Several events have shaped our decision. One of those events was the death of a teenager at our church(you can read about Sam here) http://fischerbowl.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-just-got-done-telling-my-hubby-what.html

Sam was homeschooled and through conversations with his mom I have come to realize how precious her time with him was. She is so grateful for the time that she had with him...time that she would have lost if he had gone to school.

I also have a TON of support. There are several families at church that homeschool and will be a great resource for us. Homeschooling is not what it used to be...they have gym, music, art, and many other classes for the kids to participate in.

SO, I have been trying to get organized so that I can begin pre-school in the fall. Nothing extremely formal, but I will be using a curriculum that I think I will love! Here is a picture of our little school.



2 comments:

Judy said...

I think you and Fischer will enjoy homeschooling. I used to think differently about homeschooling, but now I know homeschool moms can get together and also kids have different activities they can be involved in. I think Emily is also interested in it.

The 5 of Us. said...

I think you are doing great. If we didn't have a wonderful private school here, I would home school. Public school is not what it use to be!!!!! We love Abeka, I love Saxon math. I do Preschool Abeka, 4 yrs old and kindergarten with the kids before they start school. I have started with Dawson. It's great!!! Good luck.