Friday, January 23, 2009


Wow! What a crazy week it has been! Both of my kiddos have been sick this week, and I am suffering from a little cabin fever! Last night we ended up taking Garrison to the ER at Children's. I called his pediatrician about 11pm and they transferred me to the oncall nurse. The nurse listened to his breathing over the phone and said it was pretty rapid, and that I should take him in.Turns out the little stinker has Croup. They injected him with a little steroid to keep his airway from getting swollen or inflammed. Fischer has a sinus infection and sounds really hoarse. The ER doctor said that it is possible that Fischer has croup too but it manifested more as a hoarse voice than a cough.

Everytime I start working out again and take them up to the play place they get sick! I don't think I will be taking them there again...which stinks because I really enjoy going to the classes in the morning.

All of this to say that I am EXTREMELY excited about going to the warm, sunny state of Florida! Only 10 more days! What a blessing that Fischer will get to swim and be outside for a few weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be so happy to get some of that nice warm air and sunshine. We have all been sick since we returned from our Florida trip. We aren't adjusting to well to being back in the MD cold!
Toni