Friday, October 03, 2008

Garrison was determined to get off of the vent today. He pulled it out on his own at 4am. He has been on approximately 30% O2 all day. They did turn his high flow from 2 to 1. I don't really know what all of this jargon means, but the nurses reassure me that he is SLOWLY getting better. I imagine it will be next week sometime before he can come home. Leaving him at the hospital was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. It feels so lonely to leave the hospital without the one you intended to bring home. Of course I could stay up there 24 hours a day, but I feel like I need to be home. Fischer needs me here...even if it is a false sense of normalcy...he needs it. I will go back up tomorrow morning.

I was able to hold him today...which was good...but a little stressful...with all of his wires. He gets agitated when you move him around a lot...and I don't blame him.

Thank you again for your prayers and love.

1 comment:

The 5 of Us. said...

I am so happy that he is doing better. God is so good.