Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Well I have finally done it. I have entered the vast world of internet blogging. I have been fighting it for quite some time with such excuses as: only weirdos do those types of things and who has time for that? And then I decided it might be a good way for me to vent and write some stuff down. The only thing is that EVERYONE will be reading it. It seems a little strange but it could be fun.

I haven't really decided what to write about every day. I guess I will just write about being a mom and a youth ministers wife. Both can be challenging and rewarding. I am going to try and put a scripture on every blog not only for my own memory but for you to ponder as well.

One thing I treasure is seeing my sons face when I pick him up from Sunday School. He is always SO happy to see me. He gets the biggest grin on his face. It makes me think of the kind of love that we should have for God. He is waiting for us at the end of class and are we happy to meet Him? Do we rejoice when we have the opportunity to worship him or to serve a brother or sister?

Philippians 4:4 says, "Rejoice in the Lord Always. I will say it again, Rejoice."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I'm so glad you're sharing your treasured moments. God is so good to us and it's wonderful to hear you treasure his gifts. His love for me through my children is overwhelming--my heart could burst--I am so unworthy. Take care!--Erin

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I am looking forward to reading your blog. It will be interesting and exciting to see what you have to say. Thanks for sharing scriptures also. Who knows since almost all my kids are doing blogs I may have to start. Judy

Anonymous said...

I know I will enjoy reading your insight on life and sharing your joys and sorrows. You are a wonderful friend and mother. I hope you'll post photos of Fischer. In His Love -- Dannielle

Franklin Wood said...

Awesome post, babe! I also like picking up our son first thing in the morning! It reminds me of the verse that says, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are NEW every morning! Great is Thy faithfulness."
Helps me to think of each day as a NEW opportunity to praise God!