Sunday, November 18, 2007

Well, it has been a stressful weekend. Fischer was tested for lead poisoning at his 2 year visit, and it came back positive. So, we went to Children's Hospital yesterday and had a second blood test. I know in my heart that he will be fine, but as a mother I was a little crazy. It is hard when your child's health is at risk and there is nothing you can do but sit and wait for the results to come back. I thought about all of the children who have leukemia or some other childhood illness. I can't even imagine how those parents watch their children suffer day after day.

This morning at church, several people(including a doctor) reassured me that many of those lead screenings come back as false positives. So, until then pray that this is the case. I don't handle health problems very well. It makes me feel very out of control. It's something that I need to work on.

Anyway, here is a pic of Fischer. I told him to go to his bed and start reading his LeapFrog Pad and that I would be there ina minute. This is where I found him:

1 comment:

carrie said...

What did you find out about the tests? Fischer has been in our prayers!